Work together with other energetic folks who enjoy contributing to the community through the arts can be creative and fun for each of our volunteers. We can use your volunteer support to:
· Help put up (and take down) SHOWS
· Assist with ARTIST RECEPTIONS that open each show
· Man (woman) the DESK when necessary
· Join a COMMITTEE for special events (Holiday Market, the Gala, Dragon on the Lake)
· Help with PROJECTS like Farmer’s Market, Summer Kid’s Camp
· Paint and polish so we keep LOOKIN’ GOOD!
Please come visit us at the Center. We think you might enjoy this opportunity. We value your support!
Please contact the Orion Art Center for additional information. You are always welcome to fulfill your High School Service Hours with us!
Qualifications for College Students:
• Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
• Graphic art experience requested
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Facebook, Squarespace
• A willingness and ability to learn new skills
• Love and appreciation of art!
• Provides office and phone coverage as assigned.
• Administrative tasks include enrolling students in classes, answering questions about programs, greeting visitors, etc.
• Enters regular updates to Facebook, Website and Constant Contact email communications
• Enters data and maintains accuracy of volunteer database, donor database, etc.
• Works with Executive Directors and committees to plan and execute events.
• Assists with bulk mailings.
• Assists with the development of marketing and PR. Distributes promotional materials in the community.
• Assists with the receipt of in-kind donations, processes and records.
WE GET BY WITH A LTTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS!
Often it is more than a “little” help from our friends. We feel strongly that the support we receive is of great benefit to the OAC. SPONSORSHIPS and PARTNERSHIPS allow us to give back to the community at large. This circle of sponsorship and/or partnership with this OAC is highly valued as it enriches the lives of individuals, families, our schools, and the business community itself. We believe it is important to acknowledge this support.
Specific kinds of SPONSORSHIPS and PARTNERSHIPS assist our fundraising efforts, scholarships, and specific art shows when there is a mutual interest in a show’s content (Waste Management, for example, partners with us to sponsor our Recycling Art Show).
If you would like to sponsor and/or partner in support of the OAC, please contact the Center. You may contact by phone Wednesday – Friday 12:00 to 6:00 pm or Saturday 12:00 – 3.00pm. The number is: 248/693-4986